The coast guard keeps an eye on the sea

Coast guard

What should I do when my child has got lost on the beach?


- go to the life guards
- when you cannot find a life guard, dial the emergency number 112 or contact the Maritime Rescue and Coordination Centre (MRCC) at 0032(0)59/70 10 00
- mention clearly to the life guard/emergency services where you have last seen your child, their name, age, colour of swimming suit and any other information which may be helpful


United States
Faq type: 
Danger at sea